Monday, January 31, 2011

First Stop Friday is BACK!

Things are moving again. Slowly, but there's progress. As the library awaits new carpet and the finishing touches that it needs to reopen, we've all been planning big things for March. First Stop Friday concerts will start back up in March! I'm pleased to say that Sheefy McFly and the Delorean and The Electric Lamp Rays will be kicking us back into gear! Both of these bands have a library connection. Sheefy McFly played the FPL's first stand-alone music event at the library back in May 2010. I can't wait to see him and the Delorean do their thing in our much bigger space! The Electric Lamp Rays' keyboard player is a longtime library employee at the Royal Oak and Berkley public libraries. I was fortunate enough to share some desk time with him at RO and when I mentioned my concert series (and SMatD) he was excited to join in the fun!

If you're planning on coming, let me know!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=138279969568230

1 comment:

  1. I have always been interested with music and it is good to know that there are still some good bands playing around. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete