Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A long time gone

Before I get to my very, very belated review of the Human Reunion "Carbonics" release, please look at this foolishness.


Note the use of public domain music there at the end. It's funny and all, but if you've got some music that is your own that you'd like us to use in our silly library videos, drop me a line at k.d.bennett79 [at] gmail [dot] com. It'd be a great way to marry the library and local music...and then there'd be nerdy music babies. Or something. I'm working on like five hours sleep here.

So, yeah. The Carbonics release show was great. Lettercamp opened, and I gotta say, I was totally riveted. Liz Wittman's sexy delivery (both in front of and behind that super cool back lit screen), the bass-heavy pop music behind her and the whole vibe the band has leads me to create a new genre name for them: dark dance pop. If it's not already taken, that is.

Next up was Human Reunion. I saw them the last time Five Three Dial Tone had a release and back then, if I'm being honest, I wasn't that into it. But this time, I loved it. It was fun. It was punk. They have a song called "Dog Bowls". HR are great to watch and to hear. Buy their super special record (and download the mp3s) here.

Loyal library users Silverghost played next. Their sets are always fun, but this one was especially lively. The interaction between Marcie and Deleano is the frosting on a spacey, hooky, dancey cake.

Last but certainly not least, Deastro took the stage. What to say? The full band version of Deastro broke up awhile ago, but reunited for this show. Everyone present was more than excited to be there for this fateful night. Honestly, a lot has changed since I saw them last, so this performance was bittersweet for me. It was a great set, full of everything you've come to love from Deastro, with the added bonus (?) of some punk rockness provided by Randy Chabot's bleeding forehead.

Please enjoy some more pictures!

Lettercamp








Human Reunion











Silverghost









Deastro









No comments:

Post a Comment