Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Farewell Elbow Room

You may or may not have heard, but The Elbow Room of Ypsilanti closed its doors for good this past weekend. But not without a bang. Saturday night, I was lucky enough to catch the last show at the Elbow, and boy was it a good one. As word spread that the rumors were indeed sad but true, people seemed to need to celebrate. Outlandish tips were given, sparklers appeared and towers of shots were handed out. This atmosphere is the direct result of the Elbow's proprietor, Andy Garris and the staff. They created a place that was about friends, music and good service, and for that I am grateful. Believe me, I would not drive 45 minutes to go to a bar I didn't like. Thank you Andy, and thank you Elbow Room staff. I know there are good things in your future.

Please enjoy these pictures from a memorable night, or if you need help remembering it!

Matt Jones


























The High Strung





















Drunken Barn Dance

















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment