Monday, May 24, 2010

My New Home

I went to the Majestic Theatre Complex so many times this weekend that I really expect them to set up a cot for me. The Alley Deck seems like a good place to sleep, right?

Friday night, I caught some of the Heidelberg Rock Project. The highlight for me was Marco Polio and the New Vaccines vs. Black Lodge, a free-for-all of balloons, honey, feathers, yarn and dancing. Yeah, I said honey.

Saturday, I came back to the Stick for Midlake. I was sad that the turnout was so small for such a beautiful band, but happy that I was able to be close enough to take some pictures.

Sunday, I went to the Cafe for Fan-Tan, a synth-pop band in from New York, a client for Green Light Go (my other job). They were really good, and super nice people.

I'm currently sitting in the mostly uninhabited Ferndale Library temporary location, where my co-workers and I are readying our collection and ourselves for our big move. Trust me, it's going to be worth the wait.

Pictures:

Duende



Sisters of Your Sunshine Vapor



Mick Bassett and the Marthas

The Frustrations


Marco Polio and the New Vaccines vs. Black Lodge














Midlake




Fan-Tan






No comments:

Post a Comment