Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blowout Round Up

I'm so much better at recaps than previews. So, I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I'm going to try really hard this year to see some new (to me) acts. But there are some old favorites in there, too. Here's my picks, such as they are!

Also, for the anal retentives out there, here is a printer-friendly and bar-lighting friendly version of the schedule! PDF Schedule

Thursday
8:20 - Gates of Columbus Lounge - Matt Jones
9:00 - Belmont - Michael Seger & Everyone's Favorite Band
10:20 - Paycheck's - Carjack.
10:40 - Baker's Streetcar - Timothy Monger
11:00 - New Dodge - The Phage
11:40 - Kelly's Bar - Odayin
12:00 - Belmont - The Hadituptoheres

This is me easing into Blowout. A couple of favorites and some new stuff. I like the Hadituptoheres album, but I've never seen them live. I plan to change that Thursday. I really liked what I heard of Micheal Segar and Odayin on the Blowout Beat playlist, so those are promising sets. I was supposed to see The Phage about a month ago, but it didn't work out. They appeal to the part of me that likes metal.

Friday
9:20 - Belmont - Elle and the Fonts
9:20 - Painted Lady - The Blueflowers
9:40 - Gates of Columbus Lounge - The Juliets
10:20 - Atlas Lounge - Blase Splee
10:40 - Paycheck's - Woodman
11:00 - Gates of Columbus Hall - Gorvette
11:20 - Whiskey in the Jar - The Ferdy Mayne
12:00 - New Dodge - The Sights
12:00 - Skippers - The Mantons
12:20 - Baker's Streetcar - Lac La Belle
12:20 - Belmont - Friendly Foes
12:40 - Kelly's Bar - Hi Speed Dubbing
12:40 - Gates of Columbus Lounge - Stoopz N Breeze
12:40 - Paycheck's - Marco Polio & The New Vaccines
 1:00 - New Dodge - The Hard Lessons

Friday, I'll be hitting my stride and hopefully catching up with some bands that I haven't seen in ages, like The Hard Lessons. I'll also be erasing the embarrassment that is never having seen The Sights. I think the wild card for the night here is Stoops N Breeze, a hip hop act.

Saturday
9:20 - Paycheck's - Devilfish
9:20 - Painted Lady - The Party Stompers
10:00 - Gates of Columbus Hall - Secret Twins
10:20 - Gates of Columbus Lounge - Sisters of Your Sunshine Vapor
10:20 - Painted Lady - The Meltdowns
10:40 - Baker's Streetcar - Big Mess
11:00 - Gates of Columbus Hall - Child Bite
11:20 - Gates of Columbus Lounge - The Cold Wave
11:40 - Atlas Lounge - Kommie Kilpatrick
11:40 - Baker's Streetcar - Electric Fire Babies
12:00 - Gates of Columbus Hall - Silverghost
12:20 - Gates of Columbus Lounge - Lightning Love
12:20 - Painted Lady - Timmy's Organism
12:20 - Paycheck's - The Beggars
 1:00 - Gates of Columbus Hall - Millions of Brazilians

Saturday is all about The Gates of Columbus, as you could get your $20 worth by hanging out there the whole night. I simply must see the Meltdowns again as their set made for some of my best Blowout memories last year.
 





1 comment:

  1. Pretty good list. I'm seriously bummed we're playing at the same time as The Meltdowns.

    ReplyDelete