Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Slow Week...Fast Weekend

So this weekend, there's a lot going on. Check some of these things out.


Customer Appreciation Night @ The Magic Stick - 1/15/10

I like being appreciated, especially when that means free beer and food and music. This would be a good chance to catch some bands that I've never heard.











White Mystery - Ameobas - Kommie Kilpatrick @ The Lager House 1/16/10

As soon as I read that White Mystery was a brother/sister act and that they're both redheads, I was sold. And then I listened to them, and was sold...more. Front woman Alex White has got the pipes and her brother Francis has the rhythm. The Amoebas hail from Grand Rapids and from a listen of the tracks they have on Myspace, they've got the sneering punk style down. Lyrics you could holler and a beat you could bob your head or pogo to. I've already professed my love of Kommie Kilpatrick here once, and I'm going to do it again. Simple, snotty and funny, they're a breath of fresh air in the Detroit punk scene. All in all this is a well-matched lineup, and worth spending your Saturday on.



Motor City Blog's 5th Anniversary Party w/Ken's Loud Band - Electric Fire Babies - Mick Bassett & The Marthas - The Lincolns UK - Satori Circus - Kinetic Stereokids - Blase Splee @Music Hall Center For Performing Arts - 1/16/10

Well lookie here. This is what one might call a hell of a line-up. And at a fancy venue. I love the Firebabies and Mick Bassett. I am also curious about Satori Circus who I've heard good things about.



So there you go, people, a few ideas for the weekend. Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. also jcm will be dj-ing and doing a hip hop set at the mcb 5-year shindig

    -jr

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks for sayin nice things about us!
    there are 4 other bands, all from out of town, playing that lager house show too, so it should be a blast. also i would like to give you our cds. if you happen to be at that show, let me know, or i can mail them or drop them off or whatever. thanks.

    -zak
    --kommiekilpatrick

    ReplyDelete