Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hey Newbies!

I've had a lot of new visitors in the last few days and I would like to say, "Welcome"!

Also, for those who don't know what this place is, here's a little rundown. This is a blog run in association with the Ferndale Public Library. Awhile back, I got the idea to start introducing local music CDs into the library's collection. They're labeled so that people know they're getting a local artist's work. Up there near the top of the right column is a current list of all the local CDs we have.

If you are a local musician, label or fan please feel free to send me CDs. I've had donations mailed to me or simply brought into the building. We do buy what we can, but are on a limited budget. Please mail CDs to:

Ferndale Public Library
ATTN: Kelly Bennett
642 E. Nine Mile Road
Ferndale, MI 48220

Another thing we've started doing is having local bands play some of our big events. We've only done this three times, but it's been quite a success. If you are interested in playing the Library, drop me an email (k.d.bennett79@gmail.com) or call me at 248-546-2504.

I swear I'll get the rest of the pictures and videos uploaded soon! Until then please enjoy the ones in the entry below.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for starting the local music collection at FPL! It's a great resource to listen to local bands for those of us who don't make it to the clubs that often.

    ReplyDelete