Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween and Beyond

I'm not sure if I should start with the positive or the negative...I'm gonna go with negative, so I can get it out of the way. I'll keep it short.

Saturday, I chose to spend my Halloween at the Crofoot in Pontiac. The line-up as well as the concept was great. So you can imagine my disappointment when during Bars of Gold (covering Talking Heads) a mosh pit erupted behind me. Long story short: it got worse during the next two bands (Prussia as Velvet Underground and The Cold Wave as Weezer)and I and my friends went to find someone to complain to. I got some serious attitude from the door guy and what amounts to a shrug from a security guy. So, we left. Pits are fine for shows where they are appropriate. They are not appropriate when women hit the floor, glass is broken and the people around them get so mad that they leave the venue. Also inappropriate: security simply watching it happen and waiting for blood to be spilled. Nice job, Crofoot. I can think of two people that won't be coming back.

If you would like to let the folks at the Crofoot know that your experience was less than stellar, here's the contact info:

Phreddy Wischusen, General Manager
The Crofoot
1 South Saginaw
Pontiac, MI 48342

On to the positive. Despite the terrible crowd, the music was awesome. The School of Rock covered Kiss and it not only adorable to see, but quite good! Makes me wish I had stuck with guitar lessons. Next I saw Silverghost as Devo. I'm not sure I can even articulate how fun this was. The costumes were great, the attitude was dead-on and the music was perfect. You'll see what I mean when you get to the pictures.

Then there was Bars of Gold as The Talking Heads. These guys knew which songs to play. They sounded great, and their front man had David Byrne's mannerisms down to a T. Prussia played a really good set as Velvet Underground, and the needn't have worried about mellowing out the place. The last band I saw was The Cold Wave as Weezer, and what I was most excited to see. They did not disappoint. With their matching outfits and classic Weezer song selections, they could not go wrong. Ryan Allen's apologies for Weezer's last three albums cracked everyone up.

Scroll all the way down for pictures!



This looks cool, eh? A great line-up at an awesome and unique venue, plus you can poke around the museum. I love me some science, so I'll probably see you there.

PICTURES!

Silverghost as Devo















Bars of Gold as The Talking Heads


















Prussia as Velvet Underground











The Cold Wave as Weezer



No comments:

Post a Comment