Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blame it on the Rains

Oops! Well, Wednesday's kinda like Monday, right?

This weekend is a Detroit institution. Dally in the Alley is a street festival in the Cass Corridor that has been going on for 32 years. The alleys of Forest and Hancock between Second and Third are filled with music, art and people and will be again this Saturday (or Sunday if it rains).

As a longtime resident of this area, I must say it is pretty cool to see tons of people in a place that can look quite empty. The event is not without its problems for residents but having a porch and a bathroom for Dally is always a benefit.

There are three stages this year: Line-up

There's quite a few bands I've never seen, so I think I'll come down off my porch and wander through to check a few out! You should too! 

1 comment:

  1. Siksik Nation is now Sisters of Your Sunshine Vapor

    www.sunshinevapor.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete