Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 26, 2009: The Boys are Back in Town

I think I'll just cheat and add the "What to see this week" list to the bottom of this post. Please note, for some real fun, you should come to the Alley Deck on Friday night to hang out with me for my birthday. Or I guess you could go see one of the quadrillion bands that are playing that night.

Yesterday, Office, The Pop Project and Johnny Headband played at Small's. Johnny Headband hadn't played in ages, so there was a kind of Welcome Back atmosphere. I've never seen Office, but love their stuff. I was not disappointed by their live show, and felt myself geeking out at the back of the room, singing along softly. Therefore, I forgot to get pictures. Sorry.

I haven't seen the Pop Project in awhile, so it was nice to have them back, and with new songs to boot! #fire I did get pictures of those guys.

I really, really liked Johnny Headband. A fun, interactive performance and this kind of can't-take-your-eyes-off-them charisma that is born not made. I didn't know a single song they played (I was vastly outnumbered by big fans and friends, though) and I still had an amazing time. The latest incarnation of the band is Chad and Keith Thompson, drummer RGS and Panic! from Pas/Cal and it's something you want to see, fo sho. Enough of my praise, here's some pics!



























What To See This Week


Monday 7/27/09 -- Tyvek -- Coconut Coolouts -- Personal & the Pizzas @Lager House(Detroit)

Tuesday 7/28/09 -- Cursive -- The Love Language -- Javelins @Pike Room (Pontiac)

Wednesday 7/29/09 -- Fontana -- Kommie Kilpatrick -- Estrogen Highs -- Dialtones @Lager House (Detroit)

Thursday 7/30/09 -- Marco Polio -- Jack Topht -- Pewter Cub @Trowbridge House of Coffee (Hamtramck)

Friday 7/31/09 -- 800beloved -- SikSik Nation -- The Juliets -- Almost Free @Lager House (Detroit)

Friday 7/31/09 -- Chris Bathgate -- Hezekiah Jones -- This is Deer country -- Chris Kasper @The Elbow Room (Ypsi)

Saturday 8/1/09 -- Serenity Court -- Computer Perfection -- Hidden Ghost Balloon Ship @Small's (Hamtramck)

Saturday 8/1/09 - The Satin Peaches -- The Nice Device -- The Fifty @Blind Pig (Ann Arbor)

Saturday 8/1/09 -- Frontier Ruckus -- White Pines -- That's Him! That's The Guy! -- Greg McIntosh @The Elbow Room (Ypsi)

1 comment:

  1. We want the pics! We want the pics

    ReplyDelete