Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13, 2009:

Nothing like going on vacation when you have no car, no money and nowhere to go. I guess it is nice to wake up whenever you want, read all day and ride the bus to the mall. Anyway, before I left, I put all the stickers and stuff on a HUGE batch of new CDs for the library. With any luck, they'll go into the collection sometime this week or early next week. There's Thunderbirds Are Now!, Noman, The Summer Pledge, Deastro and that's just the local stuff! I've been doing my best to start getting in some more critically acclaimed indie rock from the rest of the country/world too. Soon you'll find Grizzly Bear, Phoenix, St. Vincent and The Dead Weather.

As always if you think I'm missing something, let me know or go here and fill out a recommendation form.

What to see this week


Tuesday 7/14/09 - Chris Bathgate - Javelins - Charlie Slick @Elbow Room (Ypsilanti)

Friday 7/17/09 - Darling Imperial - Serenity Court - The Jaye Thomas Band @Belmont (Hamtramck)

Saturday 7/18/09 - Four Hour Friends - Solitary States @Belmont (Hamtramck)

Saturday 7/18/09 - Child Bite - Big Bear - Javelins - Man At Arms @Lager House (Detroit)

Saturday 7/18/09 - Yo La Tango @Concert Of Colors (Detroit)

Saturday 7/18/09 - Tickled Fancy Burlesque Co. - Charlie Slick - Stone Crazy Pirates @The Blind Pig (Ann Arbor)

No comments:

Post a Comment