Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29, 2009: Busy, Busy, Busy!

I'm not gonna lie. I'm not prepared for this week. I'm just now looking at the Cityfest schedule and trying to figure out what I can go see. I want to see the Electric Firebabies on Wednesday, but I can't. That means you should go for me. De La Soul and Magic Shop and the Henchmen are also playing Wednesday. I've heard good things about the Croff Family Band. They're playing Thursday while I'm still at work...so go see them. I also see Charlie Slick on the Thursday bill, so get some glitter poured on your head.

Friday's a better day for me. I think I'm going to try to catch Marco Polio and the New Vaccines since it's kind of a crime that I haven't managed to do that yet. Childbite and Deastro will also be there Friday which is good for me. I should not pass up the chance to see Todd Rundgren either. Silverghost headlines the Pure Detroit Stage.

Saturday seems like the day to finally see Millions of Brazilians. I know, I know, this is another band that plays all the time that I've never actually witnessed. I'm going to remedy that. Lightning Love, The Veronicas and Doop and the Inside Outlaws also play Saturday.

All you need to know about Sunday is that Buddy Guy is playing.

Also, don't forget to look at the entry just below this one. Howard Hertz wants to tell you about the legal side of the music biz. For free at the Caroline Kennedy Branch of the Dearborn Heights. Call them at 313-791-3800 to reserve your seat.

What Else You Should See This Week

Tuesday 6/30/09 -- Black Moth Super Rainbow -- Deastro -- SikSik Nation @Magic Stick (Detroit)

Thursday 7/2/09 -- Christine Hoberg -- Slow Giant -- The Juliets @Trowbridge House of Coffee (Hamtramck)

Thursday 7/2/09 -- White Rabbits -- The Subjects -- Zoos of Berlin @Pike Room (Pontiac)

Sunday 7/5/09 (JRC's Birthday)-- Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr -- City Center @Garden Bowl (Detroit)

No comments:

Post a Comment