Thursday, June 25, 2009

Go Learn You Some Things




The coolest thing happened to me yesterday. I was sitting in my office when a call came through for me. This is a fairly rare occurrence, so I was pretty curious. A really awesome woman named Mary from the Caroline Kennedy Library in Dearborn Heights was on the other end. She told me about this great event they're having at their library. Howard Hertz, big-time entertainment lawyer (who has represented Jack White, Eminem, The Go, Elmore Leonard and more) is going to be giving a talk about the business on July 21 at the Caroline Kennedy Library. This is an excellent opportunity for musicians who are interested in getting a contract or just seeing how the legal side of the music business works. Plus, FREE!

Mary told me that if you'd like to go, you should give the library a call at 313-791-3800 to reserve your seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment