Monday, May 25, 2009

May 25, 2009: I've Been Looking So Long At These Pictures of You...



I nearly forgot to update today! In fact, all I really have for you today is a link to my flickr site for some pictures of Friday's ETC Unplugged Detroit III. Oh and a few words about it. Look for the weekly "What to see this week" tomorrow.

Arranged Marriage/Big Mess was unbelievably good. I really would love to see them again like this. Just beautiful music.

Marcie and Deleano from Silverghost also blew my socks off. That dobro guitar was making me think like a thief. See the previous post for video. Also, they covered Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" and Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf".

To be quite honest, lots of talking happened during Corey from Lee Marvin Computer Arm's set and I quickly ended up in the other room. Sorry!

Tim and Jamie played a mix of covers, GLMS, Tim's solo stuff, and new things. Again, see previous post for suprisingly good video shot with an inexpensive digital camera.

I think I'm cursed. I have been in the same place as Millions of Brazilians and have never seen them play. Weird. I seriously have nothing against them, I swear.

Something about the crowd, music and time of the year made this one of my favorite shows of the year so far. People were really open and talkative. We'll see how it is when we're all sweating all over each other in July.

See you tomorrow!

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment